January Vellvette Beauty Box


The concept of beauty boxes in India is a fairly new one. I have been lusting after the gorgeous beauty and luxury boxes posted by international bloggers and as soon I came to know of a reliable beauty box in India I signed up for subscription.

There is a relatively small wait list. I signed up in Dec 2012 and was informed that subscriptions are closed for Dec box and I got a reminder from them in Jan that they are open for subscription (1 month/3 months/ 6 months/ 1 year)

The price of a box is Rs 399 + shipping.It gets progressively cheaper if you pay before hand for more boxes. I have paid for 3 months in advance so one box comes to Rs 366 + free shipping
  
Now to my January 2013 Vellvette box
Since this is my first ever Beauty box I was super excited about this one.I received it yesterday.
It is a cute tiny black box tied with a golden ribbon.

It has three products along with cards on how to use them


                                      

I like reading the labels on shampoos and conditioners in the shower...so yes I loved the description cards.

The Nyassa Belgian Chocolate Sugar scrub :It smells amazing.It smells so sweet like chocolate and candy…hmm…I couldn’t resist and licked a teeny bit …it is not sweet!!! Even though you can see the sugar in it ,its salty…But the smell is absolutely sweet and divine.

 Clinique clarifying lotion 2 : I used it twice till now. It smells slightly alcoholic like a toner or astringent would. It said on the package that there might be a slight tingling or stinging but luckily I didn't experience any.

Description: Instantly dissolves all lingering makeup & impurities Removes dead cells without drying out your skin Greatly improves makeup application Speeds up the natural renewal of skin cells Provides an immediate cooling & refreshed sensation, especially for dry skin type


OPI nail polish
I have always wanted to try OPI nail polishes… so now I will.


The box was tied in a golden ribbon. The box is quite sturdy and I will use it to store nail polishes or rings in my dresser. My first impression of the box was that it was so tiny…It looked quite big when I saw it on beauty blogs.But of course everything was teeny sample sized.

Overall I am quite happy with the beauty box and am eagerly waiting to see what products I get in the coming months.
This is the description of Vellvette box from their site here. 

Welcome to a world of beauty discovery!
With a Vellvette Box subscription, you will step into a world of unending surprises. Every month we send you 3 deluxe beauty and grooming samples that are specially chosen for you by our beauty experts, plus expert tips-n-tricks that will help you get the most out of every product. Try them at the comfort of your home. Discover what works for you. Once you know what you like, get juicy discounts when you buy the full-size versions of your favorites at our online store. 

Our subscriptions vary from 1-month to a heavily discounted annual package. Simply add any one of them to your cart and proceed to make the payment. You can now leave the guesswork out of your beauty regime and make the most out of every beauty investment!

P.S: This is not a paid review. I paid for the three month subscription.

Comments

Popular Posts